While installing SP1 for windows 7 there are specific errors that occur during reboot. If you get error: “Fatal Error C0000034 Applying Update Operation 282 of...”
Follow the below steps to fix the Error:
1. Reboot your computer while it’s starting up.
2. When your computer starts up again, choose the option “Launch Startup Repair”
If you do not have this module installed in the OS, you'll need a Win7 install disc(i.e. 32
or 64-bit) as the OS installed. Just boot from CD and start from there.
3. When the Startup repair starts, click cancel.
4. After you click cancel it will show a box. Click “Don’t Send”, and then click the link “View
advanced options for recovery and support”
5. In the new window click Command Prompt at the bottom.
6. In Command Prompt type “%windir%\system32\notepad.exe” (without Quotes) and
7. Notepad will open. Go to File –> Open.
8. Change the type of files notepad views from .txt to All Files
9. Then go to C:\Windows\winsxs\ (or whichever drive Windows is installed on)
10. In that folder, find pending.xml and make a copy of it and save it in same folder. (This is
just in case something happens to the original so you don't lose it.)
11. Now open the original pending.xml (It will take a while to load because it's a huge file.)
12. Press CNTRL+F and search for the following: 0000000000000000.cdf-ms
14. Save the file, close notepad, close command prompt, restart your computer.